How to setup ActiveSync on an Android Device
- Posted By: Techtron
Adding ActiveSync Account
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Then tap Settings -> tap Accounts -> tap Add account -> tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- In the Email address and Password fields, enter your email address and password.
- Tap to Send email from this account by default in case you have another email account set up on the Galaxy S4 Active or leave the option uncheck.
- Then tap Next.
- Your smartphone will automatically try to find the necessary details to set up the ActiveSync account.
- In case the settings are found, skip to Step 10.
- In case the settings are not found, a Setup could not finish message will appear, so tap Edit details and manually enter the necessary information.
- Make sure the Exchange server settings are correct and tap Next.
- Now, read the Activation screen and in case you don’t want to see the message again, uncheck the Always show option and tap OK.
- Under the Account options screen, check or uncheck the desired ActiveSync options.
- You can select to Period to sync Email, Sync schedule, Peak schedule, Emails retrieval size, Period to sync Calendar, etc. and tap Next when finished.
- Name the ActiveSync account and tap Done.